Frequently Asked Questions
Any Important Rules?
- No Helmut no ride.
- If you’re found riding with someone else’s number, you could be disqualified and/or banned for 1 year. This is strictly enforced because your personal and medical details are linked to your race number in case of an emergency.
- Race numbers must be returned at the end of the race.
- No Substitutions.
How do I enter?
- Pre-entries will only be available online until 5 October at midnight. If you missed pre-entries entries, another opportunity to enter (at late entry rates) will be available to anyone who has missed the online entry deadline on 9 October 2020 in the Van Loveren Tasting Room (17:30 – 19:00) or on the morning of the event (up to 30 minutes before your race).
When and where is registration?
- Registration and number collection takes place as per below:Friday 09th Oct 2020 : 17:30 to 19:00: Van Loveren Family Vineyards
Saturday 10th Oct 2020 : 06:30 to strictly 30 minutes before your own race starts
Please Note: No substitutions allowed on any routes
What do I present at registration?
A printout or screenshot of your online race entry confirmation email as well as your proof of payment. If you did not get an entry confirmation email upon entering online, contact Grevile Ruddock on email@example.com.
When will I get my race number?
You will receive your race number at registration. These must be returned at end of race.
Do I need a PPA number?
Entrants will not need to be a PPA or be a CSA member to enter. ALL participants will be issued with a returnable JAVA specific race number. ALL pre-entered participants will be seeded according to their SA Seeding Index, and all results will be submitted to SA Seeding to be incorporated with their national seeding profile.
Can I change my distance?
You are welcome to change your route, but only at registration.
When do I get my Medal
Medals will be handed out at the finish point upon the conclusion of your race. Your race number must be handed in for you to receive a medal. There will be volunteers assisting with this at the finishing point.
How do the lucky draws work?
Your lucky draw number will be in your medal bag – this must be placed in the competition box on the main stage. The box will only be put out 30 minutes before the draw to ensure that people who are present are drawn.
Are there Card Payments facilities?
Card facilities will be limited. We therefore advise you to please have cash handy on the day.
What about E-bike participants?
E-bikes are welcome but:
- May not interfere with the normal racing riders
- May not pull or draft other riders
- Cannot compete for podium prizes
- Should start behind the normal bikes, so cannot be seeded